SITE Program: Summer Internships for Tomorrow's Educators
SITE – Summer Internships for Tomorrow’s Educators---provides college education and STEM majors with training, mentorship and support, feedback, and classroom opportunities to teach IMSA-created, hands-on, minds-on STEM content to students in IMSA’s summer programs. SITE interns receive training in inquiry-based teaching techniques, material preparation, classroom management, and the elements of successful informal STEM learning. SITE interns work and teach alongside IMSA high school students who are part of the ALLIES program, a STEM leadership and teacher development program for high school students. Site interns receive a weekly stipend.
These internships are based at IMSA's Aurora, IL campus, with some travel to IMSA's field sites (Chicago and Springfield). This internship would begin the week of May 21 and conclude August 3, with some possible weeks off at the end of June or the first week in July. General hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with some possible travel to field sites.
Here's how the application process works for aspiring SITE interns:
- Applicants complete an online application with several short essays
- A (non-official) copy of either your ACT or SAT scores and college transcript needs to be uploaded to the application.
- Provide two references with this reference form and email to SITEinterns@imsa.edu.
Priority Application Deadline: January 30; regular Application Deadline: March 1 - decisions will be made on a rolling basis, so it benefits you to get your application in early.
The final cohort of interns will be selected by early April 2018.
- Rising college sophomore, junior, or senior
- ACT composite score of 24 or higher, or SAT composite of 1620 or higher
- Cumulative college GPA of 2.75 or higher
This application requires two reference forms. Please forward the form found below to two people who know you well from either a school or work setting. They will complete and submit directly to IMSA.