Designed to be equivalent to a high school level science course, this mostly asynchronous survey class offers three 6-week components of biology, chemistry and physics, and will help 8th graders meet IMSA’s eligibility requirements when applying.
January 11 – May 14, 2021
Synchronous Meetings on Tuesdays, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. | Tuition: $650
- The program will run January 11 – May 14 with a weekly time commitment estimated at 4 – 5 hours, with flexibility to accommodate for participants’ spring break.
- This class is not offered for transfer credit to another secondary institution. Students who complete this class will not be given priority admission to IMSA.
- Students will earn grades of either Distinguished, Pass or Fail
- A “Pass” grade is obtained by achieving a 70% in each of the three content modules. A “Pass with Distinction” grade may be achieved by participating in the weekly Zoom meetings each Tuesday from 4-5 pm CST (which are otherwise optional) and achieving a 90% in each of the three content modules.
- Priority enrollment will be given to 8th graders with an open application to IMSA. To be eligible, students must be in 8th grade.
- Financial-needs-based scholarships will be available– eligibility is based on the Federal guidelines for the Free or Reduced lunch program–applications are due Sunday, December 13
- Additional weekly office hours (beyond the Tuesday meetings) with faculty will be posted
- Additional “lab based” materials will need to be purchased by students at a cost of no more than $50 (an Amazon shopping list will be provided to registrants beginning December 4).