What is the IMSA Fund?
The IMSA Fund for Advancement of Education is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation organized for the benefit of, to perform the functions of, or to carry out certain charitable, educational, literary and scientific purposes of the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. The IMSA Fund solicits, receives, invests and administers gifts, grants and other contributions from the private sector (corporations, foundations, individuals and other organizations) to support IMSA’s mission and work.
Why should I make a gift to the IMSA Fund?
IMSA needs the support of alumni, faculty and staff, parents, Board members and friends to continue to do important and successful work. We take our mission seriously, and only private support can help us achieve some of our goals.
How do I make a gift to the IMSA Fund?
We’re glad you asked! Click here for a list of ways to make a gift to the IMSA Fund.
Will my gift truly make a difference?
Absolutely! Gifts at all levels and of all sizes are important if the Academy is to continue to thrive in the future. Every gift, regardless of size, matters and sends a powerful message that the IMSA community believes in the Academy and its educational programs. Annual giving at the IMSA Fund is a collection of hundreds of gifts, large and small. Participation is KEY– it is a powerful indication of the strength of the Academy.
How am I recognized for my gift?
All donors are recognized on our website and in our annual report. In addition, lifetime donors of $10,000 or more are automatically members of our Kaleidoscope Society, and their name is added to the Donor Wall at the main entrance of IMSA. We also have donor recognition events at various times of the year. We recognize donors according to our fiscal years, which run July 1 to June 30.
How can I double the value of my gift?
Your employer may match your gift to a non profit 501(c)(3) like the IMSA Fund. Some will even double or triple it! For each gift, ask your human resources office for a matching gift form, fill it out, and send it to the IMSA Fund along with your check or soon thereafter.
Can I give on behalf of someone?
Yes, although we do have some rules in place; the minimum amount of a contribution made on behalf of another individual is $25, and one individual cannot donate for more than 25 other individuals during each fiscal year. Any gift can be made in honor of or in memory of someone.
Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes! Contributions to the IMSA FUND are tax deductible to the full extent of the law, deducting the fair market value of any thank-you gifts received. Please check with your tax professional for advice pertaining to gifts to the IMSA Fund.
What is the IMSA Fund federal tax ID (EIN) number?
The IMSA Fund’s Employer Identification Number (EIN) is 36-3422778.
Who do I contact for more information?
Contact IMSA’s development team at (630) 907-5040 or email us at email@example.com. You can also click here for a list of staff members, roles and direct phones/emails.
10 (of Many) Reasons to Give to the IMSA Fund
- Giving to the IMSA Fund supports programs and services for IMSA students on campus and off.
- Giving to the IMSA Fund enhances the academic, social and personal development of IMSA students.
- Giving to the IMSA Fund increases other Illinois students’ interest and achievement in mathematics and science.
- Giving to the IMSA Fund provides exemplary professional development programs and services for teachers in Illinois and beyond.
- Giving to the IMSA Fund supports and assists in securing major grants from corporations, foundations and individuals to benefit IMSA.
- Giving to the IMSA Fund signals to other potential investors that IMSA is worthy of their investment.
- Giving to the IMSA Fund financially assists IMSA in challenging economic times.
- Giving to the IMSA Fund is an excellent way to thank IMSA and the State of Illinois for valuing and supporting excellence in mathematics and science education.
- Giving to the IMSA Fund is a wonderful opportunity to honor or memorialize a special individual who made a difference in your life or in the life of your child(ren).
- Giving to the IMSA Fund will help a strong institution and a winner that works grow even stronger.