We are looking for Resident Counselors for the 2022 – 2023 school year with a start date of Monday, August 8, 2022.
Resident Counselors (RC) form the face and the voice of Residence Life at IMSA.
RCs serve as mentors and role models, demonstrate the ability to be effective listeners, and are excellent resources for our gifted, talented, and highly motivated 10th-12th grade students who live and learn at our Aurora, Illinois campus.
Due to the unique nature of the position of the RCs, work schedules are flexible. The RC role requires both regularly scheduled responsibilities and times during which they are available and accessible to floor residents.
- Role modeling, leadership, and mentoring
- Building community among our residential students
- Helping students make social connections with their peers
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of our residential students by enforcing policy
- Supporting the academic pursuits of our students
- Taking students to shop, see movies, and experience life outside of campus
- Creating programming to support the needs of the whole student
- Sensitivity and genuine concern for other students that compel them to form relationships with every resident assigned
- Furnished on-campus apartment
- Full meal plan included (during academic year)
- Starting salary of $29,640
- Comprehensive benefits including pension, medical, dental, and vision (See FY23 Rates)
- Summers off
- Flexible day-to-day schedules
- Career advancement pathways
- Professional Development and networking opportunities
Work is performed in an office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This role generally requires mobility, written and verbal communication, and hearing and visual capabilities. However, reasonable accommodations, including assistive technology, may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform such requirements.
RCs Have a Career Pathway at IMSA
We want colleagues to feel like they have direction and a promising future, and it’s up to us to give that to them with the right career path. Career pathing doesn’t give you just a job, but rather a future to focus on. The skills you develop as an RC will help prepare you for jobs you can have at IMSA further down the path.
Meet some of our former RCs and see what they’re doing now!