What activities were you involved in at IMSA?
Why did you Choose IMSA?
More opportunities and enriched curriculum.
College and Area(s) of Study
- UIUC: Bioengineering and English Literature
Current Profession and Company
- Psychiatrist Specializing in Women’s Reproductive Health
- Trained Psychoanalyst
- Board Member: Postpartum Mood Disorder Awareness and Education Non-Profit
- Teaching faculty at Columbia University
- Enjoys reading, writing, swimming, running, traveling and spending time with family
Advice to current IMSA students?
Psychiatry and psychoanalysis represent the perfect marriage between my two academic interests: Medicine and English Literature. I have both a medical degree and a PhD in English Lit. I was in the Medical Scholars MD/PhD program at UIUC and my special field in English was literary theory and psychoanalysis.