What is a Data Breach?
A breach refers to the unauthorized acquisition of computerized data that compromises the security, confidentiality, or integrity of covered information maintained by an operator or school.
Parents will be notified of breaches of covered information within 30 calendar days of receipt of notice that a breach has occurred. Notification may be delayed if this would interfere with a criminal investigation. Notification will include, but is not limited to:
- The date of the breach
- The description of the covered information that was compromised
- Information that the parent may use to contact the operator and the school about the breach
- Toll-free numbers and other information for consumer reporting agencies
- Toll-free numbers and other information for the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- A statement that the parent may obtain information from the FTC and consumer reporting agencies about fraud alerts and security freezes.
Data breaches that meet the threshold set by the Student Online Personal Protection Act will be posted below as soon as the district is notified.
There are no breaches of notifications at this time.