Grant Application Instructions
IMSA’s Student Emergency Relief Fund benefits student families of the ILLINOIS MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE ACADEMY who are experiencing temporary financial hardship resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, including circumstances which may impede their academic progress. These awards are grants and do not need to be repaid.
What Can Be Covered by Emergency Funding?
- Standard living expenses, including food, rent and utilities
- Access to educational technology
- Child care
- Other immediate critical needs of the family causing acute financial stress
Students must be currently enrolled as a student at the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. Students whose household income falls under Tier 1 and Tier 2 according to the student fee schedule will receive preference.
How to Apply
Submit a Student Relief Fund Emergency Grant Application. Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Each emergency grant application is reviewed individually by a committee on a weekly basis. Many factors are considered in making a decision to approve or deny a request. These factors include, but are not limited to:
- The nature and urgency of the student/family emergency
- The totality of the student’s hardship
- Other resources or support that the student may or may not have available to them
- The specific and immediate impacts the emergency may be having on the student’s living and academic circumstances; and
- Other information provided by the IMSA Community that may help to illuminate and clarify the student’s situation in developing appropriate rationale for decision