Director of the Chicago Institute for Voice Care at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Board Certification: Otolaryngology – Ear, Nose and Throat
- Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Laryngology
- Fellowship: National Institute on Deafness and Communication
- Residency: Yale University School of Medicine, Otolaryngology
- Internship: Saint Mary’s Hospital, Surgery
- Medical School: Yale University School of Medicine
Dr. Sims is a board certified otolaryngologist who has treated hundreds of local and national entertainers with voice disorders or injuries including members of Chicago’s Lyric Opera, the casts from “Wicked,” “Jersey Boys,” “Book of Mormon” as well as soloists and even Chicago’s own Oscar-winning Jennifer Hudson, who starred in “Dreamgirls.” He is an accomplished musician who plays trombone, bassoon piano and is an experienced vocalist as well.